XS Construction Family
Our XS Construction family is growing. Our team is dedicated to building long-lasting relationships with our clients through integrity, loyalty, and education of the construction process. Ready to build something great together? Our exceptional construction services start with exceptional partners! Reach out to an XS manager and join the family today!
DO YOU HAVE A PASSION FOR CONSTRUCTION LIKE WE DO?
XS Construction is growing fast and looking for Superintendents to oversee projects. This is a full-time position and we’re looking for candidates with a “get it done; willing to do anything attitude” for our clients.
At XS Construction we have a “family” type of culture. We love our employees and our clients and need Superintendents that share the passion for construction like we do.
Commercial Construction Superintendent who can manage construction project daily on site, ground up to build-out up to $7Mil.
INTERVIEWING NOW! SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TODAY!
You will be required to be on-site and required to travel to the on-site project during the week.
- Field construction management, especially working for a commercial general contractor
- Retail, commercial, restaurant, and/or mixed-use experience
- On-site project management and administration
- Cost control and contract administration
- Managing teams in the field
Send your resume and apply today!
Job Types: Full-time
Analyzes blueprints, specifications, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor change order estimates for products, projects, or services by performing the following duties.
- Employee’s primary duty is the performance of office work directly related to the general business operations of the employer or the employer’s customers
- This job also requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors, and determining cost effectiveness
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Interfaces with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitments to the cost estimates.
- Organizes and manages a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized.
- Analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies.
- Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
- Operate a computer and word processing software and other standard office equipment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Type accurately at a speed necessary to meet the requirements of the position.
- Interpret, apply, explain and reach sound decisions in accordance with laws, regulations, rules and policies.
- Communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
- Manage multiple and rapidly changing priorities.
- Maintain highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Coordinates projects and communicates changes and progress.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Meets commitments
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions, participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively, varies writing style to meet needs, presents numerical data effectively, able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Change Management – Communicates changes effectively, Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cost consciousness – works within approved budget, develops and implements cost saving measures, contributes to profits and revenue, conserves organizational resources.
- Organizational Support – Follow policies and procedures, completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decision; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities, organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or positions, accepts responsibility for own actions, follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and toughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards, completes work in timely manner, strives to increase productivity, works quickly
- Adaptability – Manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures, determines appropriate action beyond guidelines, reports potentially unsafe conditions, uses equipment and materials properly
- Attendance/punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours or work when necessary to reach goals, completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Undertakes self-development activities, seeks increased responsibilities, takes independent action and calculated risks, looks for and takes advantages or opportunities, asks for and offers help with needed.
- Innovative – Displays original thinking and creativity, meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggests for improving work, develops innovative approaches and ideas, presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
Days and hours of work are:
Monday – Friday 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years minimum project management experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- More than 2 years on site and in office project management experience working on jobs from start to finish.
- Experience with Procore or equivalent project management software